Who loves Meatloaf? Back in the day, my mom used to cook Meatloaf 3 times a week and I really love it.
The beauty about meat loaf is you can be creative with it. You can use whatever meats you fancy and still create a wonderful smorgasbord of flavors
When you’re on the hCG diet, you are only allowed to consume 500 calories on phase 2. I know it is not a lot, that is why you need to be creative in the foods that you’re going to eat.
So today, I will share with you an amazing hCG Diet Meatloaf recipe. This recipe can be eaten even during phase 2 of the hCG diet.
The beauty of this dish is that it fulfills your protein, vegetable, and carbohydrate requirements because of the ingredients that you will use.
So, without further ado, here are the ingredients that you will need in order to cook the hCG Diet Meatloaf:
- 100 grams’ lean ground beef
- 1 serving Melba toast crumbs
- 1 tsp ketchup
- 1 tbsp chopped onion
- 1 clove minced garlic
- Cayenne to taste
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Get a mortar and pestle and crush the melba toast until it turns into a fine powder.
- Get a bowl and mix the ground beef along with the spices and chopped onion.
- Place the mixed ground beef in a loaf pan or a muffin tin for each serving of this recipe.
- Add a little bit of water to the teaspoon of ketchup to make a marinade. Baste the beef mixture with the ketchup and bake it for a good 15-20 minutes or until the meatloaf has cooked through.
- If you want to sweeten the meatloaf, you can use an apple pulp and mix it with the ground beef.
This recipe hits home because it is almost exactly like what my mom used to make. Not only that but this dish is actually very nice and delicious and it only contains 95 calories per serving.
As mentioned earlier, the hCG Diet Meatloaf recipe fulfills your protein requirement because of the ground beef; your vegetable requirement because of the onion; and the carbohydrate requirement because of the Melba Toast.
There are also some slight variations you can do. Like I’ve said, you can sweeten this dish up by using a pulp of an apple.
For phase 3, you can add a little bit more of the ground beef and melba toast. You can also add in some other meats like turkey and chicken as well.
If you want a meatloaf recipe like what mama used to make, the hCG Diet Meatloaf is a very delicious one. Don’t forget to take your hCG shots or hCG diet drops after you’re done eating.